The land of geothermal wonders and home to the Maori tribe, New Zealand is the land of magnificence, in addition to the scenic landscape, there are a million things to explore – Rotorua, Tane Mahuta, Tongariro Alpine Crossing, Fiordland National Park and much more. Now, you can stay in Airbnb or hostels if you are on a budget, if you love outdoors, camping is another option. But if you are the one who likes their luxury wherever they go, these luxury escapes, New Zealand are just right for you!
New Zealand’s official tourism website describes these accommodations as ‘In a class of their own, Luxury Lodges are extremely accommodating and cater to the most discerning visitor. Have your every need taken care of; dine on fine gourmet cuisine and enjoy the highest standard of hosting and facilities. These unique luxury accommodations offer the pleasures of things from spa treatments, private golf, helicopter flights, wilderness adventures and more – almost whatever your heart desires. A New Zealand Luxury Lodge is utterly luxurious and offers an exclusive, unforgettable holiday experience.’
Let’s have a look at what they have to offer.
- Relais & Chateaux lodges at Kauri Cliffs
Spread across 6000 acres, located near Matayuri Bay, these lodges offer a 180-degree view of the majestic Pacific ocean. It’s built in grand colonial style architecture. It is equipped with gorgeous living and dining rooms. The lodge is equipped with various amenities and entertainment options such as – Infinity pools, private beaches, golf courses, nature walks, bird watching tours, horse riding facility and much more There are also outdoor fireplaces with magnificent views. You will find more details on their website. We’ll list down some of the highlights for you. You can avail car hire services to reach the lodge.
- Conde Nast Traveller Gold Award Winner
- Overlooks the championship golf course.
- 45 mins drive away from Auckland and 25 minutes from Kerikeri
- 775 – 11,320$ per night rate
Things to do?
- Go sailing in the Bay of Islands
- Quadbike on the 90-mile extensive beach
- Explore the Maori culture and NZ heritage at Waitangi village
- Get an aerial view of the island with scenic flights
- Helena Bay
Featuring a 3km scenic coastline, four private beaches, and many coves, in its 750 acres of property, this luxury lodge is a 45-minute helicopter ride away from Auckland. It is home to a Michelin starred Ristorante Don Alfonso 1890, under Don Alfonso’s philosophy of respecting the local culture, the kitchen features rich traditions of the Sorrento and Amalfi Coast. It also hosts spectacular Russian Banya Spa. You can find more details on their website. We’ll list down some of the highlights for you.
- Best New Luxury Hotel, awarded by Luxury Travel in 2016
- The luxury lodge has also featured in the Travel & Leisure It List and Conde Nast Traveller’s Hot List
- It has its own helipad and helicopter
- $1,430 – 5,625 per night rate
Things to do?
- Relax in the Heated Pool
- Get a massage at the Russian Banya Spa
- Go Kayaking
- Go on Farm Tours
- Spend an evening on the Tennis Court
- Enjoy Fishing
- Enjoy rejuvenating walks on the private beaches
Lake Taupo Lodge
This lakeside motel is a beautiful retreat to switch off from the world overlooking Lake Taupo and the mountains. It is situated in the heart of the volcanic and fly-fishing centre of New Zealand. This B&B is set within breath-taking landscaped gardens inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright. The lodge is spread across 10,000 sq.ft of the area, with each room complete with its own lounge and dining area. You can find more details on their website. We’ll list down some of the highlights for you.
- 7 mins drive from Lake Taupo and 12 km from the airport
- Dec-May is the best time to fish
- Professional fishing and rafting guides
- $495 – 695 rate per night
Things to do?
- Golf at the Waireki international golf course
- Go backcountry heli fishing
- Go river rafting with a professional guide
- Enjoy star gazing by the lakeside
‘Forry-cho-ho’ is how it is pronounced. This luxury accommodation is situated on a 5000-acre sheep station which overlooks the Palliser Bay. The property is surrounded by native forests, beaches, rivers, lakes and wetlands. The property is a perfect spot away from the city for some peace and solitude. The lodge has an array of adventure activities to keep the guests entertained. You can find more details on their website. We’ll list down some of the highlights for you.
- 10 mins helicopter ride and 90-mins drive away from Wellington
- Rewarded with Traveller’s Choice award 2018 by Trip Advisor
- Features a luxury spa
- Has its own orchard
- In-house gin ‘LightHouse’ is prepared using the resources such as fresh spring water and other native botanicals form the property
- $1,2017 – 2,254 rate per night
Things to do?
- Go Hiking and on walking trails
- Go horse trekking
- Indulge in some archery adventure
- Relax in the pool
Otahuna is a premier historic estate. It sports a century old, 30 acres of botanic gardens and has a celebrated food and wine programme It’s situated at the base of Banks Peninsula and is only half an hour away from the city centre which makes it the ideal destination to explore Canterbury. You can access wineries, private gardens, see the world’s rarest dolphins just by driving a short distance or by getting a helicopter ride from their front lawn. You can find more details on their website. We’ll list down some of the highlights for you.
- 30 mins from Christchurch airport
- Awarded with the ‘Certificate of Excellence’ by Trip Advisor in 2018
- Access to championship golf
- $1,300 –1,700 (May to Sep) and 2000 – 3,100 per night rate
Things to do?
- Go sailing in Akaroa and its volcanic harbour
- Go visit the Southern Alps and Arthur’s Pass National Park
- Go Wine Tasting Canterbury
- Visit the New Zealand gardens
So if luxury is your desire, these luxury accommodations beckon you.